Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Corning, NY)
Why join us? At Instant Brands (formerly Corelle Brands) we are passionate about products that bring joy and ease to our customers in cooking and sharing food with family and friends. Instant Brands is home to category-leading brands, including Instant, Corelle, Pyrex, Corningware, Snapware, Chicago Cutlery and Visions. We are looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what is possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds, and welcome new ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast-paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative, and progressive work setting. Join Instant Brands and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
To provide technical leadership to improve process yields, reduce nonconformities, and reduce product cost. Provides mechanical design, CAD drawing support and CAD drawing administration. Recreate or transfer drawings from legacy system to Solid Works. Design and detail equipment and machinery for new and existing plant operations involving production of new and existing Vitrelle products and processes. Continually improve existing equipment, designs, and materials. Provide technical support to operations and support groups. Interface with product design to insure manufacturability.
What will you do? (Process 60%, Design 40%)
- Supply daily production support. Develop experimental plans for process improvement.
- Uses statistics to analyze process variables. Standardize process procedures in the department.
- Develop and keep an open line of communication between Technicians and Engineers. Support production through weekly oncall and weekend team coverage.
- CAD drafting; prepare engineering drawings for mechanical or electrical parts and assemblies in Solid Works.
- Use of Solid Works 3D modeling system where appropriate in the production of equipment and maintain accurate record of production related equipment changes.
- Directly design and detail equipmentwith view of achieving efficiency in operation in order that production standards are will be met or exceeded.
- Follow new designs in production until successful and provide assistance to production departments in improving production of existing items.
- Continual effort to find better materials, methods, and design techniques.
- Review estimates and quotations for new products, make recommendations to producion and Project Engineers, and work with vendors to achieve eas of manufacture of the product.
- Update designs and make revisions to older equipment requiring change to meet increased productin standards.
- Uphold Instant Brands safety policies and perform necessary audits, and make improvements to equipment and processes to meet plant environmental and safety goals.
- Consult frequently with vendors in order to provide them all the necessary information they require to properly manufacture equipment.
- Communicate progress and status of products to peers and maintain accurate records of those changes.
- Support tank repair projects for process and design needs, as well as off shift coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. (Emphasis in project managing)
- 7+ years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a similar manufacturing environment (glass manufacturing highly desirable)
- Fluent knowledge and usage of Solid Works applications.
- Can self-direct and prioritize process and project needs.
- Must appreciate working with great co-workers in a 24/7 run facility and a union environment.
- May require travel-up to 25%.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Accounting software; Microsoft Office Word Processing software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software; SAP Manufacturing software; SAP Inventory software and eTime/ADP Payroll systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Instant Brands, Made for Together- Our Values: We drive results and create value together as One Team - We love our Consumers We “Wow” Them - We challenge each other, always have an open mindset and welcome new ideas - We are a Global Company, and we think globally - We have integrity in all that we do.
Instant Brands is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Comp range-$68,2k-$116,5k & 10% bonus potential.
EEO Instant Brands. participates in E-Verify\ No recruiters sourcing.