Forklift Operator (Byhalia, MS)
Why join us? At Instant Brands (formerly Corelle Brands), we are passionate about products that bring joy and ease to our customers in cooking and sharing food with family and friends. Instant Brands is home to category-leading brands, including Instant, Corelle, Pyrex, Corningware, Snapware, Chicago Cutlery and Visions.
We’re looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what’s possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds, and welcome new ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. Join Instant Brands and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
Responsible for loading and unloading raw materials and finished goods in the warehouse. Add customer value by meeting deadlines with delivery and distribution of finished products to ensure customer order requirements are met.
- Drive Forklift to load trailers and pick product
- Responsible for daily safety inspection of forklift prior to use
- Label boxes as required and assists with manual picking and packing as needed
- Palletize and shrink wrap finished product
- Scan labels with RF Scanning guns
- Follows all company safety and security rules.
- Reports unusual conditions or problems to Supervisor.
- Practices good housekeeping and organization. (5S)
- Follows company dress code and rules of conduct.
- Be a courteous and professional team player.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma /GED
- 6 months of work experience operating a forklift
- Forklift Certification
- RFID Scanner experience
- Must be able to communicate and converse with others
- Basic reading and writing
- Must have attention to detail and ability to match product and order numbers.
- Ability to understand and carry out Standardized Work Instructions
- Basic math: Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s
- Apply common sense when carrying out Standardized Work Instructions
- Ability to resolve problems and suggest improvements
- Demonstrate good judgment and ask for help
- Must pass Corelle Brands pre-employment physical test
- Ability to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 45 pounds. If over 45 lbs., team lift is required.
- Ability to move about on the production floor for a minimal of 8 hour per shift
- Ability to grasp, push, pull and carry objects
- Ability to manipulate and feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to detect and determine color and shapes accurately.
- Extent Flexibility; The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Occasionally must reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop.
Rate of pay = $18.80
Instant Brands, Made for Together
Our Values: We drive results and create value together One Team - We love our Consumers We “Wow” Them - We challenge each other, always have an Open Mindset and welcome new ideas - We are a Global Company and we think globally - We have Integrity in all that we do.
Instant Brands is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. Members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.