Shipping Lead (Byhalia, MS)
Why join us? At Instant Brands (formerly Corelle Brands), we are passionate about products that bring joy and ease to our customers in cooking and sharing food with family and friends. Instant Brands is home to category-leading brands, including Instant, Corelle, Pyrex, Corningware, Snapware, Chicago Cutlery and Visions.
We’re looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what’s possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds, and welcome new ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. Join Instant Brands and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
The primary responsibility of the Shipping Team Lead is to lead and support all functions related to shipping materials from the facility to include, but not limited to:
- Lead all phases of shipping and or warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for shipping efficiency, quality and quantity of product
- Utilize Corelle Brand’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates on daily activities
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for efficient warehouse and shipping activities and associate’s safety.
- Support and monitors employees work schedules to meet needs of business.
- Work to support the Shipping Supervisor’s plan to staff departmental functions
- Trains and instructs associates in regard to work performed in shipping and warehousing
- Leads by example with the Company Code of Ethics as guidance.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout
- Adopt the 5S philosophy for maintaining a clean and safe work environment; communicate safety topics and conduct safety audits
- Ensure availability of materials (supplies) and resources to all associates in the team, so that they can perform their duties with maximum efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Control and maintain steady workflow on the floor by ensuring all functions within the department are assigned with adequate headcount allocation to achieve the daily goals. Lead and move associates around by skillset to balance the flow as necessary
- Provide on the job training to the team
- Ensure downtime issues including systematic and material handling equipment issues are addressed as soon as they arise through timely review of assignments
- Adopt and endorse continuous improvement concepts where applicable
- Be able to function multiple powered industrial trucks
- Coordinate projects and associated timelines
- Understand downstream consequences of missed Key Performance Indicators
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Rate of pay = $19.57/hour
- High School Diploma /GED
- 2 years distribution-experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Verbal interpersonal communication
- Intermediate Reading & Writing (12th grade level)
- Ability to understand and carry out Standardized Work Instructions
- Basic math: Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to read weights & measures
- Apply common sense when carrying out Standardized Work Instructions
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making. Asks for help.
- Ability to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 45 pounds. If over 40 lbs., team lift is required.
- Ability to move about on the production floor for a minimal of 8 hour per shift
- Ability to grasp, push, pull and carry objects on the production floor
- Ability to manipulate and feel objects, tools, or control
- Must be able to detect and determine color accurately.
- Ability to detect objects colors and shapes
- Extent Flexibility; The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body. Occasionally must reach, climb or balance, and stoop.
- Extent Flexibility; The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Occasionally must reach, climb or balance, and stoop.
- Basic computer skills - Software: Excel, Word, Outlook
Instant Brands, Made for Together
Our Values: We drive results and create value together One Team - We love our Consumers We “Wow” Them - We challenge each other, always have an Open Mindset and welcome new ideas - We are a Global Company and we think globally - We have Integrity in all that we do.
Instant Brands is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. Members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.