Sr Manager Accounting and Reporting (Downers Grove, IL)
Instant is looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what’s possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds and foster an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome to share their ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast-paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. At our U.S. corporate offices, we embrace a hybrid model of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at the office together, and Monday and Friday with the option of in the office or at home. It’s a model that values brainstorming, collaborating, connecting and making things happen in person, while also a model that remains open to an evolving work schedule.
Join Instant and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
The Sr Manager Accounting and Reporting will be the owner of the external financial reporting process as well as managing the review and assessment of all technical accounting issues.
What will you do?
- Lead compliance with regulatory requirements, including researching and providing guidance to the business on new technical accounting and regulatory issues. Prepare/review the interpretation and application of complex accounting standards for the Company, including writing and reviewing research papers, recommending appropriate accounting treatment, and working with various business groups to assess underlying issues and facts.
- Work with various finance teams throughout the global business to implement new accounting standards
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements, MD&A and other financial sections of the Company’s Disclosure Material as well as being responsible for producing monthly financial statements.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial results presentations to the CFO and CEO.
- Participate in the Company’s M&A process including due diligence accounting, disclosure, and post-acquisition integration.
- Lead the continuous improvement process of the external financial reporting process.
- Support all projects under the Company’s digital transformation initiatives impacting external financial reporting and disclosure processes and controls.
- Work in partnership with the VP, Global Taxation to ensure legal entity reporting and accounting for tax-related matters are properly assessed, reported, and disclosed both internally and externally.
- Support the internal and external audit processes including directly managing the relationship with the external audit team.
- 10+ years’ experience either from a public accounting firm or public company
- Strong financial literacy and financial writing skills (financial statements, MD&A, press releases, etc.)
- CPA or CPA, CA designation • Experience managing a team of professional accountants
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting expertise (IFRS preferred) • Experience with SAP/BPC • Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office and advanced level Excel skill (pivots, v-lookups, and advanced formulas)