Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Downers Grove, IL)
IB Appliances is now looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what’s possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds and foster an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome to share their ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast-paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. At our U.S. corporate offices, we embrace a hybrid model of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at the office together, and Monday and Friday with the option of in the office or at home. It’s a model that values brainstorming, collaborating, connecting and making things happen in person, while also a model that remains open to an evolving work schedule.
Join us and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for leading the business’ long-term strategic plan, annual budget process, routine quarterly forecasts and month-end executive and lender reporting. The Director FP&A hires, leads and develops a team of high-performing individuals that partner cross-functionally with all departments to conduct insightful and actionable analysis. Additionally, the Director FP&A oversees the preparation of presentations related to financial results and plans for the Board of Directors and internal Senior Management.
The director will also be the key business partner for the North America Sales team responsible for assisting in the development of sales analysis that will enable management to understand internal and external factors impacting revenue and profitability in the company.
- Lead the financial planning (budget, forecast, long range plan) process for all functional areas. Provide strategic decision support, scenario planning and identify key drivers, risks, opportunities and plans for potential mitigation.
- Build strong relationships and become a trusted advisor with functional business partners throughout the organization. Support the teams to define and execute against short-term and long-term goals.
- Provide actual budget/forecast reporting, dashboards, and variance analyses to business partners to enable decision making and alignment to achieving company objectives.
- Partner with executive leadership to prepare QBR, Board and other investor related materials and presentations.
- Analyze and present complex financial information in simple terms, presenting conclusions and recommendations to business leaders.
- Develop, scale, and improve financial models, processes, and other key analytics.
- Collaborate and work with accounting group and create a synergized partnership to ensure month-end close and accurate accounting for all areas of the business.
- Commercial Finance – Manage the tools and processes regarding on-going customer / contract / portfolio and / or product profitability assessment and approval.
- Support broader organization through ad hoc projects and analysis and provide insightful analytics to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
- 8+ years of experience of progressive Finance experience
- Experience leading OR managing budget/forecast for both P&L and Balance Sheet/Cash Flow
- Excellent business-savvy with a consultative approach; ability to influence and collaborate with senior level leaders across organizational lines
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal