Maintenance Lead (Byhalia, MS)
Why join us? At Instant Brands (formerly Corelle Brands), we are passionate about products that bring joy and ease to our customers in cooking and sharing food with family and friends. Instant Brands is home to category-leading brands, including Instant, Corelle, Pyrex, Corningware, Snapware, Chicago Cutlery and Visions.
We’re looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what’s possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds, and welcome new ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. Join Instant Brands and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Mechanic is to troubleshoot and repair all Injection Molding Machines, auxiliary equipment and facilities.
- Ensures all production equipment is in proper working order, arrange for preventive maintenance and repair of equipment as needed.
- Ensure that all support equipment is stored to prevent damage and organized for easy access and retrieval.
- Must be proficient when reading schematics, drawings and blue prints.
- Communicates professionally with all levels of internal employees, and with outside vendors as required.
- Performs maintenance and repairs, proficiently operates all maintenance equipment (mill, bandsaw, drills). Trains subordinates in the same. Documents all training per Human resource guidelines.
- Ensures all activity/operations are performed according to company safety rules/regulations.
- Identifies areas for improvement and implements solutions.
- Specifies and orders parts/materials when needed.
- Set up of part removal robots for production operation.
- High School Diploma /GED
- 5 years manufacturing-experience and/ or training preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to interpersonal conversations and communication with others
- Intermediate Reading & Writing (12th grade level)
- Ability to understand and carry out Standardized Work Instructions
- Basic math: Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s
- Weights & measures
- Apply common sense when carrying out Standardized Work Instructions
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making. Asks for help.
- Complex Problem Solving; Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must pass Corelle Brands pre-employment physical test.
- Ability to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 45 pounds. If over 45 lbs., team lift is required.
- Ability to move about on the production floor for a minimal of 8 hour per shift
- Ability to grasp, push, pull and carry objects on the production floor
- Ability to manipulate and feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to detect and determine color accurately.
- Ability to detect objects colors and shapes
- Extent Flexibility; The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Occasionally must reach, climb or balance, and stoop.
- Basic computer skills - Software: Excel, Word, Outlook
Instant Brands, Made for Together
Our Values: We drive results and create value together One Team - We love our Consumers We “Wow” Them - We challenge each other, always have an Open Mindset and welcome new ideas - We are a Global Company and we think globally - We have Integrity in all that we do.
Instant Brands is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. Members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.