Senior Revenue Accountant
Senior Revenue Accountant – Revenue Technical Team
The Revenue Technical Team defines Infinera’s accounting policy and ensures that revenue is recognized in accordance with those policies. Role responsibilities include:
- Responsible for various close related activities in quote to cash process, including loss contract analysis, contract review and documentation, etc.
- Verify contract terms repository (Billing Matrix)
- Responsible for maintaining matrix of contractual free deliverables, accounting for new SKUs
- Collaborate with Order Management, Sales and other cross functional teams to collect and analyze critical revenue contract related data on timely basis
- Perform SSP Pricing analysis as per US GAAP ASC 606 guidelines including setting up SSP for new product introductions.
In addition, this role will:
- Work with external and internal auditors to ensure compliance with audit requirements related to revenue and revenue recognition.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing internal controls, policies, and procedures and the related documentation and record-keeping compliance.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline processes.
- Assist with system implementations to improve the revenue recognition process.
- Develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners, including Revenue Accounting, Billing, Legal, FP&A, Customer Service, Sales Operations, Sales, Accounts Receivables and IT to ensure accurate, timely communication, drive improvement initiatives and implement changes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize, track progress and report
- Detail oriented self-starter with a proactive approach to problem solving and follow through.
- Must be comfortable learning new things and owning processes
- Bachelor’s degree in, Finance, Accounting and Administration, or related field
- Certified Accountant preferred
- Knowledge and work experience in IFRS 15 / US GAAP ASC 606 is desirable
- 5+ years of working experience within a public accounting firm and/or industry experience
- Comfortable in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Prior experience with SAP & SFDC is preferred
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Infinera complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.