At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Quality Technician in Austin, Tx.
Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Technician role involves…
H Shift: 6p-6a (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday) and includes a 20% shift differential.
What a typical day looks like:
- Audits processes, tests and inspects products and/or develops, compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Working from engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, diagrams, written descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform complex engineering testing, checkout, First Article Inspection, root cause analysis, internal corrective actions and supplier correction actions.
- Selects products for audits at specified stages in the production or post-production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical, electrical or cosmetic characteristics.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards, programs or reports to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Download quality information from quality system to be used for QA reports.
- Analyzes engineering test results and implements process changes to resolve problems.
- Performs out of box audits (OBA) as required
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, technical training, or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience.
- Basic understanding of typical quality tools, such as 8d, statistical process control, FMEA and control plans
- ISO/FDA auditing experience
- Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical background
- PCBA and SMT experience required
- Experience with non conformances required
- Device history records
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryQualityRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email email@example.com and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).