Manager - Equipment
Flex is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and cultivate a workplace culture of belonging that views uniqueness as a competitive edge and builds a community that enables our people to push the limits of innovation to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.
A career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference and invest in your growth in a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment. If you are excited about a role but don't meet every bullet point, we encourage you to apply and join us to create the extraordinary.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Manager – Equipment located in Sriperumbudur.
What a typical day looks like:
- Should have worked in SMT / Backend machine maintenance
- Directs daily department activities to maximize equipment utilization and support production needs.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with other functional groups such as engineering and operations to ensure the efficient operation of the departmental function.
- Strong SMT equipment and process Knowledge such as DEK, Pick and Place, Reflow, AOI, and Wave
- Must work and drive for their department KPI and continuously strive to balance and optimize line throughput
- Initiate efforts to minimize changeover downtime as making common set-ups
- Monitor machine management data in order to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
- Adhere to all safety and health regulations as directed by the Manager and follow the procedures within the company’s security policies.
- Should have Knowledge on OEE, MMTR, MTBF
- Monitor the Maintenance co-ordination and downtime trend with CFT
- Must have Lean manufacturing and Six sigma green belt.
- Must be good in 7QC tools / TPM
- Responsible to drive for Continuous improvement activities
- Must have MS Office experience to prepare daily reports to present.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Min 10+ years of similar experience.
- Strong experience in SMT machine maintenance (Screen printer, DEK Printer, Wave soldering)
- Experience in pick & place machine programing and trouble shooting
- Preferably Diploma / B.E./B.Tech
- Knowledge in Automated Optical Inspection
- Good Communication and presentation skills
- Team handling experience is a must
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide
- Medical insurance
Job CategoryProduction Engineering
Optional Skills:Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.