Anord Mardix, a Flex company, is a global leader in critical power solutions. With facilities around the globe, Anord Mardix leads in critical power infrastructure, supporting a myriad of industries, from financial institutions to data centers.
At Anord Mardix, we welcome people of all backgrounds. We develop skill sets, encourage curiosity, and enable empowerment – we turn jobs into careers. If this sounds interesting, we’d like to meet you.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or other holding devices.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Mounts assembled components to boards or units.
- May install multi-level subassemblies and modules into Racks using complex configurations.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color-coding parts and assemblies.
- Tends machines that press, shape or wind component parts.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Sets up station with the correct documents and components per assembly drawing.
- Handles/install polarized/non-polarized components on designated location on product.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical requirements or dimensional characteristics.
- Assist in performing repair work.
- Communicates any process problems with peers, leads, supervisors and/or engineers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production line machinery.
SPECIALIZED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may be required for certain positions. These could include one or more of the following duties:
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals and contact points.
- Will complete light physical tasks such as changing conveyor width, loading boards on pallets
- Performs solder masking, taping non-solderable area, installing e-prom into the sockets and placing Rev labels on the boards per production's documents.
- Inspects nonconforming solder join defects on PTH and SMT chips component.
- Collects data using the SPC charts.
- Fills out returned forms of conforming and nonconforming materials and prepares set up kits for incoming shift.
- Completes basic touch up, removal and placement, inspecting own work and the work of others following applicable work instructions and quality procedures.
- Detects nonconforming defects and their defect codes to enter into shop floor control systems.
- Assists, instructs and qualifies new operators.
- Reports deviations from standard procedures to engineering or supervisor and provides inputs on quality improvements.
- Systems - Assemble complex units for wiring, connecting difference sub-assemblies and nodes into large rack systems.
Education / Experience
Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred. Successful completion of company provided training may be required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers. Good attention to detail. Excellent eye-hand coordination required. Requires understanding of and ability to use a wide variety of tools. Basic computer skills. Must be able to use a microscope. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, leads and supervisors of the organization.
Scope / Impact
Low impact, limited to the specific work area.
Decision Making / Discretion
Limited expectations to make decisions outside immediate work assignments. Decisions only affect individual tasks.
Supervision / Leadership
Receives detailed verbal and written general instructions on new assignments. Requires close supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work that requires repetitive motion. Employee may be occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Have the ability, visual acuity and manual aptitude to recognize and accurately assemble/install components according to manufacturing documentation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, handle small components, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to use a microscope for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Systems employees may lift up to 50 pounds and push 200 pound racks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus...