Technical Project Specialist Intern - Summer 2024
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, this Summer, we’re looking to add a Technical Project Specialist located in our Austin, TX site.
Reporting within the CTO office for the Agility division, encompassing a range of products in and around the home such as large and small appliances, floorcare, smart home, e-mobility, etc. The Technical Project Specialist Intern will contribute to the intersection of engineering and market analysis.
What a typical day looks like:
- Investigate emerging technologies to evaluate their relevance and impact on product designs and manufacturing methodologies.
- Perform in-depth market research to analyze customer strategies, product trends, and consumer preferences across our target markets.
- Provide support to our engineering teams with informed market insights.
- Engage in collaborative efforts with sales, business units, and engineering groups to refine project concepts and develop innovative technical solutions.
- Craft and convey presentations and detailed reports to summarize findings and strategies for senior management reviews.
- Actively participate in ideation sessions and contribute creative input to drive strategic goals and curate technology offerings.
- Drive productivity within the business unit through workflow analysis and process improvement/automation.
Student qualities we’re seeking for this internship assignment:
- Jr/Sr student with a keen interest in market intelligence and strategy (open to various majors)
- Business acumen and/or relevant coursework is highly advantageous.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated, high energy and strong time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and team orientation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take lead and drive for results
Internship Program Requirements:
- Available to work 40 hours/week (in-person) for 10-12 week Summer assignment
- Currently enrolled in 4-year accredited university
- 3.0 minimum GPA
Job CategoryInternRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).