To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Process Engineer located in Columbia, SC.
Reporting to the Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Manager the Process Engineer role involves being in charge for process-engineering capabilities focused on cost, quality and delivery improvements in order to hold up a manufacturing organization.
What a typical day looks like:
- Recognize the manufacturing process, technologies, techniques and the product
- Define, implement and evaluate proposed designs and processes for manufacturability.
- Have the capability to singly or with other engineering stakeholders identify root causes of failures in the manufacturing process
- High level participation in daily production activities and effective problem solving on daily issues
- Prepare justification, purchase and implement capital equipment for production.
- Hold up and oversee new process equipment production.
- Hold up the raising and introduction of engineering change orders (ECOs).
- Establish robust, repeatable and reproducible process parameters
- Develop, implement and take ownership of process control methodologies.
- Trouble shoot process related issues.
- Participate in activities pertaining to cycle time and process improvements.
- Evaluate and select various engineered materials.
- Implement statistical process research on new and existing products.
- Implement safety, productivity and give in improvements.
- Improve manufacturing techniques and through put.
- Provide continuous development of manufacturing techniques that will improve in-house capabilities and gives in.
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Review processing methods.
- Interface with production of all activities associated with new process implementation and transfer.
- Assist in the development of training and provide training to production personnel during new technology transfer.
- Provide equipment maintenance and repair hold up as required.
- Guide cost improvement/reduction programs.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ related experience as a Process Engineer
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryProduction EngineeringRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).