Assembler 2nd shift
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a/an Assembler ( 2nd shift) located in Manchester, CT.
Reporting to the Assembly Manager, the Assembler (2nd shift) Responsible for various duties within the material function such as inventory control, material planning and distribution. ( 0300p-1130p M-F).
What a typical day looks like:
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, welds, press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs to assemblies.
- Tends machines.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Sets up station with the correct documents and components per assembly drawing.
- Handles/install polarized/non-polarized components on designated location on product.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified or dimensional characteristics. Assist in performing repair work.
- Communicates any process problems with peers, leads, supervisors and/or engineers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production line machinery.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred. Successful completion of company provided training may be required.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent eye-hand coordination required.
- Requires understanding of and ability to use a wide variety of tools.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to use a microscope.
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryOperationsRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email email@example.com and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).