Engagement Financial Advisor Intern Summer 2025
Engagement Financial Advisor Intern - Summer 2025
Deloitte’s Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA) team is comprised of professionals specializing in Deloitte engagement economics & financial metrics, account operations and risk management. EFAs provide high-quality engagement financial management activities through all aspects of the full project life cycle. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes, both to individual projects and to client accounts.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2024.
Work You’ll Do
As a Summer 2025 Intern, Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA), you will team and collaborate with other EFAs to help assist Deloitte engagement managers in maintaining compliance with clients’ policies, perform internal financial analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, and cost variance analysis in addition to managing engagements’ billing and receivables process. In addition, you will:
- Monitor engagement performance and determine improvement areas by analyzing key performance indicators
- On any given assignment, you may help to improve internal processes and directly communicate strategies and analytical results with your EFA team to help keep engagements on track and within the scope of cost
- Your summer will conclude with a presentation outlining your networking and client service experience in front of a panel of EFA Senior Leadership
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and developing creative solutions
Our Engagement Financial Advisor team, part of Deloitte Services LP, helps internal clients define what they need and how it can be delivered. We work with internal stakeholders to define their projects’ scope in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for projects’ phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients’ projects on track and on cost.
The Engagement Financial Advisor Practice employs a hybrid work model that capitalizes on the benefits of both virtual and in-person experiences by identifying those activities that create the most value for you, your teams, and your clients when performed together in-person. We believe that in-person time is a necessary part of building relationships, facilitating teamwork, and supporting our culture. Currently the ability to travel outside of your Deloitte office location is expected to be up to 20% for in-person training and development opportunities.
- Sophomore status (Spring 2026 expected graduation date) enrolled in a full-time academic program in one of these related majors: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management
- Ability to travel 10-20% for training and job-related purposes
- Solid understanding of fundamental accounting and finance principles
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Comfortable with a hybrid working schedule that includes working in the office at a minimum of 2 days per week
- Candidates must be located within a commutable distance to the office agreed upon at offer
- The start date for this position will be in Summer 2025
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.