Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in San Jose, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Assist multinational clients with integrating tax planning through global effective tax rate reduction and efficient global cash utilization into overall business strategy and complying with both U.S. and international tax requirements. Review U.S. international tax compliance, research and advise on planning for inbound and outbound businesses, supply chain, and intellectual property advising. Assist audit team with audit planning and performing quarter-end and year-end audit procedures on ASC 740 tax provisions. Oversee and supervise engagement team members comprised of staff and senior level tax professionals.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Business Administration, Commerce, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent, including a 3-year foreign degree).
- Four years as a Tax Manager or related occupation gaining experience performing tax planning, reporting and compliance.
- Experience must include four years of:
- Assisting with drafting tax memoranda to address tax technical analyses, including determining whether certain foreign entities' activities constitute a permanent establishment;
- Assisting with tax planning through global effective tax rate reduction and efficient global cash utilization;
- Assisting audit teams in reviewing tax-related calculations and disclosures, performing risk assessments, and preparing audit documentation;
- Assisting clients in complying with various international tax reporting requirements, including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA); and
- Assisting with the full lifecycle of an engagement, including staffing, closing out projects, and supervising engagement team members.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing controlled foreign corporation (CFC) analysis and passive foreign investment company (PFIC) testing to determine appropriate filing requirements and U.S. federal income tax consequences;
- Utilizing LexisNexis, CCH and BNA to research various U.S. income tax issues and analyze tax rules and regulations of foreign jurisdictions;
- Preparing work papers and international tax compliance forms and informational returns, including Forms 1120F, 5471, 5472, 8865, 8858, and 1118 disclosures and statements; and
- Advising clients on various international tax issues, including subpart F, global intangible low-taxed income (GILTI), base erosion and anti-abuse tax (BEAT), and foreign-derived intangible income (FDII).
- Salary: $137,030.00 - $235,170.00/year.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.