Project Delivery Specialist - Java Full Stack Developer - TSP
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to work in a collaborative environment? As an experienced Project Delivery Specialist - Java Full Stack Developer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. If so, consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for long-term, onsite client service delivery.
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Engagement Managers (Directors), project team members, and representatives from various functional and / or technical teams, including escalating any matters that require additional attention and consideration from engagement management
- Independently and collaboratively lead client engagement workstreams focused on improvement, optimization, and transformation of processes including implementing leading practice workflows, addressing deficits in quality, and driving operational outcomes
- Will be exposed to projects across multiple business verticals: Financial, Government, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, etc...
- Will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Design and develop key application components as microservices using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture
- Develop Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) based Web Services using Web Service Technologies and Security such as JAX-WS Web Services, WS-Security, IBM Data Power, Web Services-Interoperability (WS-I), Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM), or SOAP with Attachments (SWA), Apache Axis and Web Service Definition Language (WSDL)
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Java Batch applications
- Use the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus, UCD to version control, build, store artifact, and deploy the software projects
Our Core Technology Operations (CTO) team offers differentiated operate services for our clients with solutions to help organizations scale and optimize critical business operations, drive speed to outcome, deliver business transformation, and build resilience in an uncertain future.
Our operate services within CTO include:
- Foundry Services: Operate services providing flexible, recurring resource capacity for client initiatives, projects, tasks, and enhancement
- Managed Services: Operate services that provide ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and optimization for IT/Engineering applications & products
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience working as a Java Full Stack Developer creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards
- 6+ years designing and developing key applications components in Microservices with Spring Boot
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology like MuleSoft, Spring Framework
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of standards, specifications, standards bodies (e.g., XML, UDDI, JMS, Web services, etc.)
- Experience with implementing integrations with SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Experience working as a consultant on Java Full Stack projects
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Analytical/ Decision Making Responsibilities
- Analytical ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks into manageable work products
- Can operate independently or with minimum supervision
- Excellent Written and Communication Skills
- Ability to deliver technical demonstrations
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.