Data & Accounting Reconciliation Specialist
Data Reconciliation Specialist
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work You’ll Do:
Support the client in its preparation for, and execution of, failed bank resolutions.
- Perform accounting reconciliations or financial audits in the financial services industry.
- Perform detailed analysis of asset and liability data for a financial institution.
- Work on or support IT projects in the financial services industry.
- Substantial experience with accounting and general ledger processing in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of financial operations and procedures involving entering, modifying and correcting information in a computerized system to assure accuracy.
- Develop, analyze and advise on improved methods to increase use of automated work procedures.
- General knowledge of SQL or other data transformation tools used in the financial services industry.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications: Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of financial institution applications sufficient to respond to requests for reports and data and to support the reconciliation process.
- Work effectively with others in a team-oriented setting.
- Deal effectively and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Understand and execute oral and written communications.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities to help our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited United States college or university (Accounting, Finance, or other Business related field)
- 6+ years of experience performing accounting reconciliations or financial audits in the financial services industry.
- 4+ years of experience performing detailed analysis of asset and liability data for a financial institution.
- Experience performing financial statement audits, income statements, balance sheets, and/or auditability assessments.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Ability to travel 20%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Possess Public Trust
- Experience improving government accounting and transaction processes
- Familiarity with U.S. government financial accounting systems
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.