Cloud Security Senior Consultant - Remote/Delivery Center Role
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below…
Work you’ll do
Responsible for deploying, configuring, and maintaining security baselines within the Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
Set up and manage access to cloud resources using accounts, users, and groups. He/she should be knowledgeable about potential vulnerabilities of virtual machines and container deployment systems.
Will drive adherence to federal and state compliance requirements by overseeing continuous monitoring activities and incident response.
Provides oversight over the implementation of approved security architecture/policies/procedures for a portfolio clients and engagements
Initiate and conduct project security reviews to identify cloud infrastructure security risks
Reviews and oversee the implementation of approved recommendations on cloud security design and implementation
Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced pre-configured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in:
- Developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects
- Strong foundation across Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS technology stack
- Standardizing Azure and/or AWS Security best practices, processes, and procedures
- Providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams establishing cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to cloud, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solutions
- Designing, and integrating marketplace leading vulnerability management, threat management, monitoring, and data protection processes and platform tools
- Building and operating automated security operations
- Experience implementing Azure and/or AWS
- Designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role.
- Ability to travel 0-15%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- A history of delivering secure architectures in a federal/state environment
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, and automated build and configuration tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and terraform
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers and business users on architecture vision and security model
- A comprehensive understanding of writing KQLs, and the use of PowerShell to write queries in all cloud platform
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.