Audit & Assurance Sustainability Senior
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Audit & Assurance Sustainability Senior in San Francisco, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Lead the delivery of projects for clients by performing research, stakeholder engagement, and analysis as part of materiality assessments and ESG risk and opportunity analyses, performing sustainability-related assurance procedures, including testing and evaluating processes and related controls, and supporting corporate reporting in line with recognized ESG standards and frameworks such as GHG Protocol, TCFD, GRI, SASB, CDP, PRI, and WEF-IBC. Manage client relationships and provide industry insight and experience in the domains of sustainability and social development. Develop strategies for lead identification and the identification of markets/industries where practice capabilities can be applied. Drive client pitches end-to-end and develop relevant materials. Lead client meetings and review meeting materials, such as proposals and project introduction presentations. Will commute within the San Francisco, CA area to consult with clients regarding the above job duties.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing substantive testing on complex areas of clients' balance sheets and income statements;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX);
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements;
- Auditing financial statements including reviews of quarterly financial information, reviewing clients' annual reports, and interacting with clients to discuss audit issues;
- Working with complex areas of clients' balance sheets and income statements, including goodwill, complex investments, management estimates, and income taxes;
- Designing, implementing, and assessing deficiencies of internal controls, and testing controls in accordance with AICPA and SOX standards;
- Interacting with accounting and auditing specialists within complex accounting areas, including pricing, tax, and information technology specialists;
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros, and data analytics tools, including Tableau and Power BI;
- Interacting directly with senior management of the audit team and audit clients to discuss auditing findings, issues, and resolution; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff.
- Must possess: U.S. CPA license or passage of all four parts of U.S. CPA examination.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
Salary: $87,984.00 - $141,435.00/yr.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?