Meeting and Event Services National Business Advisor
Meeting and Event Services-National Business Advisor
Key Role Description:
The National Business Advisor is the first point of contact for Deloitte professionals who are looking to host/deliver a national meeting, client event, or learning program for the Firm. The National Business Advisor will work collaboratively with Deloitte professionals to understand their meeting objectives and requirements while making recommendations to ensure compliance with Firm APR’s and protocols. They manage all meeting requests for the businesses, including initial request, sourcing, obtaining meeting approvals, contacting, and turning over the logistics to our MES meeting planning team. This includes meetings held both at Deloitte University and externally (local office/hotel venues).
This position will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing relationships with key internal stakeholders including COOs, CLOs, Business leaders, program owners and members of the learning and delivery team. They also maintain relationships with the Deloitte University scheduling team, MES meeting planners, and One team and our CoRe Procurement team. In addition, they are responsible for maintaining strong relationships with our external hotel partners and vendors and keeping up with current industry trends.
The National Business Advisor will include but is not limited to the following.
- Strategic management of assigned portfolio of clients
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders.
- Management of all data related to assigned portfolio to ensure accurate reporting and measurement of spend and KPI performance
- Data points include but not limited to, projected dollar forecast, headcount, and firm protocols with data integrity
- Manage business headcount approvals for all cross functional meetings
- Manage sourcing and contracting efforts for non-DU meetings under procurement threshold by working directly with our suppliers
- Distributes Confirmation of Space memos outlining all meeting details for both DU and external meetings
- Provides timely meeting planner turnovers once meeting is definite and event planner is assigned
- Provides monthly and ad hoc reporting to business leaders as required
- Demonstrates expertise and counsel on all aspects of meetings while providing exceptional client service with a consultative, solutions-oriented approach.
- In addition, the National Business Advisor role will:
- Attend Learning and Development calls as required
- Conduct educational office hours as needed
- Provide ongoing event planner training and mentoring
- Attend national hotel sales training and events as needed
- Provide input on process improvements
- Be assigned project work as applicable
- A minimum 3-5 years in the hospitality field required
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills (written and oral) with a consultative style
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excels in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge and proficiency of Summit meeting software preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in the Meetings and Events Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality management preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $88800 to $165000.
IF ROLE IS AIP-ELIGIBLE, please add: You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.