Manager, Engagement - Nashville, TN / Tampa, FL
Job Title: Engagement Manager Nashville/Tampa – DAS Mobile
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte Technology US (DT - US). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
As an Engagement Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. You will ensure that the business needs are clearly understood, and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In this role, you will provide consultation directly to Deloitte Application Studios leadership and customers related to solution options and vendor product selection. In addition, you will work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
In this role, you will work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions. You will lead product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Working with channel and business leadership to develop a strategy for execution of product roadmaps.
- Integrating the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all channel-related products.
- Leading all design/development aspects of SDLC for Deloitte Application Studios projects, to include project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts.
- Collaborating with PMO to prepare overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participating in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects, to include ensuring that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Collaborating with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business and functional requirements that have an impact on business applications.
- Leading offshore resources, to include working with the offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
Deloitte Technology US (DT - US) helps power Deloitte’s success, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in DT - US deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions.
- Minimum 1 year of lead/managing experience
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum projects including experience working in TFS and/or ADO/VSTS
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or SAP application development.
- Experience collaborating with external software design and development vendors.
- Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and lead scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Expertise in leading the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Solid project management and team leadership skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards, and procedures.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to help them to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?