Job Title: BISO Manager - Audit & Assurance
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte Technology US (DT - US). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
The Audit & Assurance Security Manager works closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to support business transformation through the development of next-generation practitioner tools.
This role is responsible for the security posture of Audit & Assurance business applications by driving security in the software design and development process, developing or validating security requirements, and driving successful completion of security evaluation and testing. Additionally, validating adherence to security policies, standards, and industry-accepted best practices. Working between technical and non-technical domains, the Security Manager is responsible for providing consultative expertise regarding security risks and risk mitigation approaches.
- Develop detailed application security architecture for Audit & Assurance solutions.
- Ensure applications meet compliance and security requirements.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to solution architects, developers, technical risk analysts, and others on information security principles, standards, and best practices.
- Assist in the socialization and adoption of enterprise security and compliance requirements.
- Maintain awareness of evolving application security threats and counsel development, business, and risk stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of vendor products and technologies.
- Provide security recommendations to business innovation teams in technologies such as Blockchain, cognitive computing, machine learning, etc.
- Lead, coach and mentor project teams to incorporate security into enterprise and client-facing applications.
- Oversee and drive the design and implementation of application security controls in support of compliance requirements.
- Drive successful completion of static code analysis, penetration testing, architecture review, and change management activities.
- Evaluate the likelihood and impact of application vulnerabilities; develop and drive mitigation approaches.
- Respond to member firm and client inquiries, provide application-specific security subject matter expertise.
- Maintain accurate representation of application risks, vulnerabilities, and non-conformities; ensure remediation tasks are completed by development teams.
- Evaluate application Product Backlog Items (PBIs) for security impact.
Deloitte Technology US (DT - US) helps power Deloitte’s success, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in DT - US deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development, security architecture, and/or application security
- Minimum 1 year of leadership/management experience
- Capability to design and/or evaluate secure cloud-based solutions.
- Experience evaluating the likelihood and impact of application vulnerabilities.
- Experience conducting or managing application penetrating testing.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure security principles and functions.
- Experience developing and communicating application security vision, strategy and roadmap
- Familiarity with SOC 2 principles; experience in application security to meet SOC 2 requirements preferred.
- Experience with Agile practices, SCRUM, Microsoft SDL, and STRIDE.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Fortify/Fortify on Demand, Veracode, Sonaqube, Blackduck, and Artifactory.
- Solid capabilities across multiple security domains such as identity and access management (IAM), public-key encryption, security information and event management (SIEM), incident response, threat & vulnerability management.
- Practical knowledge of information security standards and risk assessment frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, NIST 800-32, Cloud Control Matrix (CCM) desired.
- Ability to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation.
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project management, etc.).
- Excellent communication, listening and facilitation skills.
- CISSP or equivalent
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $102,500 to $210,600.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to help them to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
FY23 US_Cyber Security_269Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?