Seasonal Multistate Tax Senior - Income and Franchise Investment Management
Are you a strategic and creative Income and Franchise Tax professional who enjoys working on complex state income tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax compliance services and innovative technologies that align the tax function with the business objectives?
We are looking for sharp, analytical Tax Seniors, ready to take on new challenges, to join the Income and Franchise Tax group and work with of one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the United States. This seasonal position begins in July 2023 and will end in November 2023.
Deloitte’s Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior in the Income and Franchise Tax group you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state tax compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state taxation by working on large, complex tax projects and have access to exceptional training and resources.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with various state and local tax compliance projects.
- Performing a detailed technical review of corporate state tax returns and workpapers with attention to multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications, nexus and unitary filings.
- Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in state income and franchise tax.
- 2+ years; experience preparing and/or reviewing state income and franchise tax returns.
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing and able to obtain::
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Public Accounting experience
- Knowledge of OneSource, GoSystems and/or similar tax software and a strong interest in learning new technology.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $70,700 to $144,300.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?