Data Center Migration Lead
Are you looking to make an immediate impact where you can help our clients solve their business challenges? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Deloitte’s Core Business Operations (CBO) portfolio operates at the center of our client’s business. By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders transform their organization and accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
Work you’ll do
We are seeking an experienced Data Center Migration Project Lead to oversee and manage the migration of our client's data center from it's current location to a new facility. The candidate will have a strong background in project management, data center infrastructure, and technical expertise to lead the migration effort from beginning to end.
- Responsible for leading the Data Center relocation of the Production environment for the client.
- Requires a resource who is detailed oriented, possesses strong project management experience using Agile, & ability to quickly communicate at all management and executive levels.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive project plan for the data center migration, including timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Individual must be highly technical in nature as expertise should be within the infrastructure domain & deep knowledge of modern and legacy infrastructure (on-prem and cloud-based) is essential.
- Collaborate with technical teams to define migration requirements, including hardware, software, and networking.
- Individual will be working in enterprise-level environments requiring exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to manage communication and expectations throughout the migration process.
Our Core Technology Operations group enables differentiation and focused growth for large-scale infrastructure, data center, and operations projects. We take part in operation services for our clients with emphasis on automation and delivery excellence. Our core capabilities include: IT Operations Delivery & Management, Customer Experience Enhancement, Operations Transformation, transportation modernization, and Emerging Technology platforms such as drones and 5G networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- At least 9 years of professional experience in the information technology industry.
- Experience going through a Data Center relocation.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?