AI & Machine Learning Data Scientist - Top Secret Required
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems.
By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
Work you’ll do:
The Data Scientist will join a team responsible for developing advanced analytics products; applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data to advance and enable the key mission outcomes. In this role, she will support all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions, through data collection and ETL, from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. This role requires special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Top Secret Clearance Required
- 2+ years of relevant experience within data science or analysis
- 2+ years of relevant experience with programming languages such as Python, R, and VBA; and query languages such as SQL
- 2+ years of relevant experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, d3.js and other web application technologies, or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle SQL
- 2+ years of relevant experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading to support advanced analytics
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a wide range of analytics techniques, such as statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, optimization, simulation, or closely related techniques
- Ability to support a hybrid to fulltime schedule onsite in the DC area
- Strong strategic communication skills to include presenting quantitative concepts in easy to understand formats and actively listening to identify business problems and their causes
- A curious, questioning attitude that leads them to look past superficial appearances to find deeper problems, insights, and solutions
- Thrives in fast-paced work environment with multiple stakeholders
- High-performing team player who believes that cross-functional teams are greater than the sum of its parts
- Experience leveraging data analysis to construct strategic narratives
- Familiarity with cloud computing technology, especially Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with Agile project management principles
- Confidence to drive assignments to completion
- Eagerness to learn and develop
How you'll grow:
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?