Financial Data Analytics Consultant for Dayton, Ohio.
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
As a Consultant within our Risk & Financial Advisory practice, you will:
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis.
- Develop & execute a project plan.
- Develop deliverables and assign/manage deliverables and/or tasks to completion.
- Be responsible for reviewing clients financial reporting systems process flows, evaluating financial controls, and developing/enhancing financial reconciliations between systems.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team of data analysts and data scientists help transform the controllership and treasury organization by leveraging technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to build capabilities that lead to increased efficiency and impact decision making. Our services include diagnosis analytics, process automation, analytics insight, data visualization, and financial modeling to help implement new or improved strategies in the operating model.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Business-related field.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Secret clearance for this role.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Strong foundational knowledge of accounting principles
- 1+ years' experience as a Financial Analyst
- Experience with evaluating and/or developing internal controls and tests of design/effectiveness.
- Ability to be on-site 4 days a week in Dayton, Ohio.
- Federal experience preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with Databricks software
- Understanding of Agile methods and tools (e.g., Kanban)
- Experience with Working Capital Funds
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?