Privacy Legal Counsel, Consultant
Privacy Legal Counsel, Consultant (I9 Grade)
Join us as Privacy Legal Counsel, Sr. Consultant in Ireland, our main establishment in the EU, where you will be able to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
We are looking for an experienced Privacy legal professional who can act as Privacy Legal Counsel in the EU region and be a strategic partner in leading privacy compliance efforts for the company. You will play a significant role in policy and business counseling and compliance with the GDPR and other relevant international privacy laws.
- Provide expertise and privacy legal advice on issues that arise in the European Union, including: regulator inquiries, complaints, investigations, queries; data subject rights and requests; relevant contract negotiations; and the application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other regulatory requirements to Dell’s business.
- Coordinate global privacy advice for one or more Business Units, ensuring an aligned approach from the Privacy Legal team.
- Proactively monitor and provide advice and guidance on the assessment and implementation of evolving global privacy risks and privacy regulations, and collaborate with legal, privacy and business colleagues on the application and implementation of international privacy laws to Dell’s business.
- Provide strategic vision, guidance and leadership on the company’s privacy strategy and compliance, including but not limited to, assessment of key regulatory risks and implementation of mitigation best practices, collaboration with regional counsel on privacy-related issues, advising the Government Affairs team on evolving international privacy laws and regulatory positions, guidance and oversight of training and communication to raise awareness on privacy obligations and responsibilities enterprise-wide, advice and guidance on privacy-related contractual matters, and management of privacy notices, statements and communications.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8+ years’ expertise with global privacy laws, with at least 3+ years’ expertise with privacy laws in EEA Countries
- Deep experience in the application of the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable regulations to a global company, providing advisory support in regulatory matters and incident management, and providing strategic legal support to ensure privacy regulatory compliance readiness by an organization on emerging privacy laws and regulations
- Experience providing strategic direction on implementation of privacy programs and compliance mechanisms
- Personal skills: integrity, initiative, organization, perseverance, discretion, ability to assert yourself in difficult circumstances, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, ability to build working relationships and ability to influence
- J.D. degree with admission to at least one U.S. state bar or international equivalent
- IAPP Privacy Certifications (e.g., CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPP/C, CIPP/A, CIPM, CIPT)
- Strong experience within the technology sector, AdTech deployments and global data transfer management, and global cloud/multi-cloud products and services
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: March 8th 2024
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.