Software Senior Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in our VxRail and Apex Cloud Platform Escalation Engineering team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The VxRail and Apex Cloud Platform Escalation Engineering team is part of the Customer Experience Engineering organisation in the Infrastructure Solutions Group.
Escalation Engineering is the primary point of contact for Dell Customer Support or Dell customers with VxRail and Apex Cloud Platform engineering when they require engineering level assistance. The team works closely with the software and hardware development organisations to identify, mitigate and resolve issues that are impacting customers.
- Investigate customer issues escalated from Dell Customer Support, including recreation of customer issues in lab environments
- Work with colleagues to document and present analysis of issues to Dell Support, account teams and customers
- Participate in new feature reviews and functional specification reviews
- Assist with the development of training material for other VxRail EE team members as well as Dell Customer Support
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for customer escalations
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least 5 years in a similar or relevant role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- Knowledge of one or more virtualization environments – for example Vmware vSphere, Microsoft Azure HCI, RedHat OpenShift
- Strong technical background in TCP/IP networking, server troubleshooting, storage systems
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills as the role is partly customer facing
- Experience of software development in Python and shell scripting.
- Familiarity with container based systems – Docker, Kubernetes
- Linux and network security experience a plus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 1 October 2023
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.