L1.5 Application Production Support Specialist
CGI has an immediate need for a L1.5 Application Production Support Specialist to join our financial services team in Troy, AL or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
CGI is looking for an L1.5 Application Production Support Specialist to plan, perform, and manage medium to high complexity production support tasks and activities that require subject matter knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support (e.g., incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Works on planning and execution of change, problem, incidents, production processes, controls and service requests
• Escalates unresolved issues to proper personnel.
• Provides mid-level end-user support, which may include providing systems administration assistance, coordinating stakeholder discussions, updating user documentation or conducting training.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1+ year of relevant experience
• Command Line UNIX using various commands and functions
• SQL scripting and database knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
• Good organization and communication skills. Strong aptitude for attention to details.
• Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. outlook, browsers, Sharepoint, Office Suite)
• Experience with general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing), ITIL framework, industry delivery and support standards and processes, knowledge management systems, and ITSM tools
• Experience and expertise in a broad array of specialized areas such as infrastructure systems, enterprise applications such as Autosys, monitoring tools, databases, information security tools, middleware, messaging, commercial cloud tools, etc.
• Experience with application support and business operations in banking and financial services such as supporting trading, payments, prime brokerage, mortgage processing is desired
• Java knowledge is a big plus.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
Minimum one-year direct experience with application or infrastructure operations and support in a banking or financial services environment or two years direct experience providing application production support in any other industry. Two years of experience in an IT support role may be substituted if the degree is not in technology or mathematics
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $53,100.00 - $130,600.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Something looks off?