Senior Cloud Architect
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of over 90,000 members strong. Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
CGI Federal is looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to help to modernize a widely used government portal providing a more robust cloud-based search tool in a modern, user friendly interface. This role is responsible for the solution’s cloud architecture, including overseeing the strategy, development, deployment, management, and support for the cloud-based proof-of-concept and MVP unified search solution for our client. The Senior Cloud Architect must have at least five (5) years of experience designing Cloud based solutions and holds an active Microsoft Azure certification. The right candidate will be able to work closely with a team of internal subject matter experts and solution architects and be able to articulate a proposed solution to our federal client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the cloud architecture, to include overseeing the strategy, development, deployment, management, and support for the cloud-based applications
- Serve as the lead solution architect, providing subject matter expertise and strategy guidance to management and the agile development team.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, backlog refinement meetings, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Assess the system and business process architectures currently in place and works with staff to recommend improvements.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain established service design procedure and process by applying process frameworks and methodologies.
- Prepare and present test plan, technical presentations, and customer briefings.
- Identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives, and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform, and network configurations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years of experience designing cloud based projects
- Active Azure certification
- Experience in utilizing cloud native services
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Ability to make architectural decisions at a team and production level
- Ability to communicate technical solution concepts by writing white papers and technical proposals, responding to requests for information, and engaging with communities of practice
- Experience with Cloud & Hybrid Architectures and Cloud Migration - Azure/AWS
- Experience with Distributed Systems – Database and API Technologies
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (Terraform and Ansible)
- Agile development experience
- Experience with API Database connectivity Technologies for migrations and Data normalization
- Experience designing search solutions
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $119,500- $231,100.
- Cloud Native Development
- Infrastructure as a Code
- Solutions Architecture
- Systems Architecture
- Technical Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Something looks off?