Service Transition Project Manager
Be part of our story
Are you a Project manager that is ready to take the next step in your career into Service Transition? The Service Transition and Project Manager is Responsible for a defined stand-alone IT Outsourcing transition. You will have full end to end responsibility for the transition lifecycle ensuring the transition delivers to the financial budget, the agreed timescales and required quality.
As Service Transition and Project Manager, you’ll have significant client interaction therefore is a key contributor to CGI services being delivered to a client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Creating and maintaining the transition plan and deliverables.
• Liaising with Service Transition and Project Planning Manager in identifying and securing the resources to undertake the work.
• Track and report progress against the agreed plan.
• Liaise directly with clients to manage client obligations and dependencies.
• Understand and work within the commercial construct that exists, including directing those within the transition team to behave appropriately.
• Where delay is caused by the client, liaise with the commercial and client teams to determine and carry out the appropriate course of action to reduce risk to CGI.
• Report and manage progress against the original approved transition budget including an accurate forecast to completion.
• Manage any contingency allocated.
• Reporting and managing progress towards the agreed plan and milestones within the defined governance process. Escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Identifying risks and issues associated with the transition and identifying management actions to mitigate or migrate.
• Comply with the required governance either within a wider programme or account based portfolio.
• Providing Early Life Support as part of BAU handover
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Able to manage working relationships in a management environment
• Understanding of internal processes and tools for the completion of tasks. For example, CPMF II, Remedy, etc.
• Demonstrate leadership to the transition team
• Organised and structured to generate confidence
• Strong communicator and motivator
• Knowledge of GTO Service Desk operation
Experience & Qualifications
ITIL Lifecycle in Service Transition
ITIL Lifecycle in Service Operations
Previous transition experience – 3 previous completed transitions undertaken in an ITO environment
Working to pre-defined processes and governance
- Project Management
- Transition management
- Transition Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Something looks off?