Senior Software Engineer
Purpose of This Role
• Be involved in the complete software development life cycle, including working with the production operations team to prepare and execute releases
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
• Proactively work on assigned tasks and task areas and co-ordinate the work effort
• Develop innovative features that are highly performant, compatible and responsive
• Deep knowledge of software engineering practices: unit testing, configuration management, and release management
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems
• Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for agile software development
Technical / Behavioral
• Must have experience in Java, Spring Boot, Microservice
• Must have Strong Knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle)
• Must have Good understanding on memory management in jvm
• Good Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Sonar and Linux
• Nice to have experience or knowledge with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
• Must have Proficiency in Java with strong experience in design, development and testing of web based systems
• Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, automated testing and deployment
• Well-versed and active user of GitHub
• Strong experience on micro services architecture has added advantage
• Propose designs for complex features with reusability, maintainability, and performance in mind
• Commitment to quality and high standards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Well versed with agile style of working
• Able to define quality and security standards. Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
• Capability to develop highly scalable distributed systems
The Expertise we’re looking for
• 5-9 years of experience in Development skills
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- Spring Boot
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Something looks off?