Senior Test Engineer - ETL Testing
Works independently under limited supervision and applies knowledge of subject matter in Applications Development. Possess sufficient knowledge and skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within field of specialization to develop simple applications solutions. Second level professional with direct impact on results and outcome.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Candidates should have very strong SQL skill and ETL Data testing skillset.
- Candidate should be good in data testing process, defect management with 6+ years of experience.
- Experience in big data (Hadoop) and Teradata applications preferred.
- Data analysis experience and Python language skill is a good to have.
- Hands on experience in constructing simple to complex SQLs with joins, analytics functions, sub-queries
- Good Exposure to Toad, HIVE, Teradata, TABLEAU, ETL/Big Data Job processing validations.
- Excellent in data analysis and ability to analyze simple, medium and complex source to target mappings.
- Experience with report testing is good to have.
- Experience with data testing automation is good to have.
- Good exposure to agile testing process.
- Should have excellent communication skill to interact with BA’s and LOB and ability to lead the team and drive innovations.
- Candidates should have should be able to coordinate with the team and perform status reporting, as and when required.
- Candidates should be able to train and coach new team members on the Big Data testing and project-related knowledge topics
- Should engage more actively in liaising with other stakeholders like developers, data analysts, business analysts and scrum master(s) and operate independently.
- Should be able to make informed decisions on testing approaches and strategies and proactively communicate that with the stakeholders.
- Should be able to prepare and review test strategy documents, test summary reports etc
- Should be able perform root cause analysis independently and triage defects with development team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Primary Skill: ETL Testing
Secondary Skill: SQL
Experience: 4 to 8 years
- BI Reporting Tool (BIRT)
- Big Data
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Something looks off?