Senior Software Engineer (Pentaho ETL Developer)- Bangalore/Mumbai-Immediate to 30 Days
External Title on Posting : Senior Software Engineer (Pentaho ETL Developer)
Years of Experience : 4-6 Years
Job Description/ Position Description :
• Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly.
• Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience in working in an Agile environment
• Organizational skills: time management and planning
• SQL knowledge (query performance tuning, index maintenance, etc.) as well as an understanding of database structure
• Knowledge of data modeling principles and experience with dimension data modelling.
• Knowledge of at least one ETL tool (Pentaho, Talend, SSIS etc.)
• Knowledge of various SQL/NoSQL data storage mechanisms and Big Data technologies (Snowflake preferable).
• Knowledge of any Data replication tool like Qlik replicate, Oracle Golden Gate, Debezium is good to have.
• Good understanding of programming knowledge like Java/.Net is a bonus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure & Microsoft Power BI would be an advantage.
Job Role/ Your future duties and responsibilities :
• Design, implement, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities
• Gather requirements and business process knowledge in order to transform the data in a way that’s geared towards the needs of end users
• Maintain and improve already existing processes.
• Ensure that the data architecture is scalable and maintainable
• Work with the business in designing and delivering correct, high quality data
• Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose adequate solutions
• Prepare documentation for further reference
Required qualifications to be successful in this role :
• 4-6 years of experience in creating Semantic Models & ETL processes.
• Hands on experience in Writing Complex SQL Queries
• Creating reports using Power BI
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
What you can expect from us - CGI - Company Profile Description : At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Technologies required:/ Selected Skills :
• ETL tool (Pentaho, Talend, SSIS etc.)
• Big Data technologies (Snowflake preferable)
• Preferably - Microsoft Azure & Microsoft Power BI
- Business Objects
- Data Warehousing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Something looks off?