Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I)
Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. Our Federal National, Security and Justice (NSJ) Organization is growing, and we are looking for dedicated, highly motivated Legal Assistant’s (Management Analyst I) to join our team supporting a large government contract.
As a Legal Assistant the team supports the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Executive Office of Immigration Review-Office of the Chief Immigration Judge (OCIJ), in a fast-paced environment located nationwide. The position is very administrative in nature and does require a lot of close interaction with the public, Court Administrators, and Judges.
As such, we’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. At CGI, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
This position has an hourly rate of $17.73/hour plus benefits (non-negotiable)!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responds to inquiries in and out of the courtrooms
• Input case information in database management system
• Provides information to Judges, Court Administrator and Support Staff
• Communicates with the Department of Homeland Security, Corrections Department, USCIS and/or other agencies
• Answers and transfers telephone calls
• Review charging documents, schedule/reschedule cases, update CASE records, and update/maintain Records of Proceedings
• Run and maintain court calendars, prepare orders and hearing notices, process motions and legal correspondence
• Crafts written documents and prepares correspondence
• Processes and distributes mail, correspondence, memoranda, and other written material.
• Sorting and distribution of all Filings received by court
• Incoming and outgoing BIA/FOIA Receipts and Distribution
• Returned Mail Receipt/Processing/Distribution
• Motions and Applications data entry
• Processing/Distribution of daily filings
• Receipt/Distribution of E-33 forms
• Log in “Utilities” E33s of cases not yet received
• General Mail Receipt/Distribution to the staff/judges’ mailbox
• COVs intake and Distribution
• Outgoing USPS Mail and FED-X
• Assists Immigration Judges in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., receive and distribute documents, print out judge’s orders, update CASE management system, etc.
• Covers front window lobby area (receives and greets visitors at the reception window, receives and assists public in the courtrooms)
• File ROPs and correspondence, retire closed cases to the Federal Records Center
• Prepare ROPs for attorney review
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal Secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3, Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and communications skills.
• Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
• Some bending and lifting WILL be required (lifting approx.. 30 lbs. is required)
• Possible filing may be required.
• This is an encouraged 40 hour (Monday – Friday) work week position
• Ability to optimally complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State person of convicted crime, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Be able to acquire and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
Hourly wage: $17.73 hr. (Non-negotiable)
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skills level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building an outstanding company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Standard Holidays
• Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
- Data Entry
- Document Management
- Information Management
- Records Management
What you can expect from us:
Something looks off?