Retail Store Manager - Davie Street
Our retail Cannabis Retail Store Manager (SM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The SM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Sales Associate Support:
- Help hire great people, supervise and manage employees and ensure all employees have a valid Selling It Right license.
- Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
- Coach team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
- Train all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
- Maintain written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
- Assist in building a weekly staff schedule that complies with labor policies
- Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
- Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales Associate Support - high retention of top talent and high team engagement scores
- Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Own all customer feedback and provide customer/patient complaint resolution in coordination with the head office procedures.
- Provide complaint resolution to ensure satisfaction of all customers and patients
- Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Execute Cannabis selling strategies through collaboration with marketing (operator licensee) related to incentives, displays, internal and external promotion
- Recommend future promotions and ways to increase sales trends by understanding the success of previous incentives and promotions
- View sales reports and communicate with the team to identify sales trends and potential inventory requirements
- Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
- Analyze core metrics to better understand store performance in order to beat and exceed goals
- Utilize approved employee incentives to drive sales and boost morale
- Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales and Customer Service - meet or exceed monthly store revenue and gross margin goals and maintain a high score on all social media customer reviews
Daily Store Operations:
- Maintain store compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording
- Assist LCRB with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
- Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
- Implement and oversee security, reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing the store
- Ability to make schedules for staff and work on creating a sound work environment.
- Be responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper up-keep of the phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies.
- Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
- Keep track of all expiring products and promote sales as needed
- Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
- Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
- Assist in receiving and ensuring that all wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
- Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Must have Selling It Right Certification.
- Must provide a copy of clean Criminal Background Check prior to start date.
- Minimum of 5-6+ years work experience in the retail industry.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance.
- Basic office administration skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Able to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to sales software quickly.
- Must be available for shift work any time according to business needs, Monday to Sunday.
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends and different locations
- Demonstrated ability to implement PR and advertising campaigns.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*To get your Selling It Right Licence please visit-