Supply Chain Intern
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With more than 7,000 employees, BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental restoration and operations management at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. For more information, visit www.bwxt.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, X, Facebook and Instagram.
BWX Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Purchasing Intern for its Barberton, OH location!
BWXT’s mission is to provide safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine, and space exploration. We have manufacturing facilities, laboratories, and work sites all across the country, all of which require products and services to work efficiently and effectively. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
- Interact with internal and external resources daily to resolve procurement issues and ensure plant procurement requirements are met.
- Manage documents in support of Procurement activities
- Manage assigned projects to improve procurement processes.
- Follow-up on outstanding purchase orders
- PO maintenance activities in support of Buyer needs
- Collect, organize, interpret, and publish reports in support of business need
- Takes initiative to troubleshoot issues as they arise and learn procurement policies.
- Disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding subcontract status
- Ensure the receipt, accuracy and timeliness of submitted documents relating to the deliverables as well as monitoring performance relative to timeliness, cost considerations, and quality objectives.
- Use business system tools to develop and interpret analytical data. Data found in SAP and other internal systems.
- Assist with mapping current business processes
- Review processes for efficiencies and track key metrics for reporting to management.
Minimum job requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university. We are considering the following majors: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Logistics, Math/Statistics, Information Systems, and some technical majors.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
Additional job requirements:
- Ability to integrate business acumen with technical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Purchasing Intern will work a flexible schedule depending on the candidate’s school schedule while receiving market leading pay and service-based retirement contributions with additional 401k match.
The starting hourly rate for this position in Ohio at the start of employment is expected to be between $18.75 and $31.75 per hour. The hourly rate offered is based on local job market factors and other objective business considerations. Subject to these considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as a full range of medical, retirement, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided at such time the selected job candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, the selected job candidate will be employed 'at-will,’ unless employed at a location and in a position subject to a collective bargaining agreement. The company further reserves the right to modify the hourly rate (as well as any other discretionary payment, compensation, or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or applicable department/team performance, and other market factors.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company health and safety requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.