At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With more than 7,000 employees, BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental restoration and operations management at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. For more information, visit www.bwxt.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, X, Facebook and Instagram.
BWX Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Welding Engineer for its Mount Vernon, Indiana location!
Our Welding Engineers play a critical role in manufacturing operations and can expect to perform the following tactical responsibilities:
- Provide welding engineering services to products produced in Mt. Vernon, Indiana
- Assist welders and welding supervisors in critical welding operations
- Provide oversight of welding operations
- Review customer contract requirements and produce procedures in accordance with those requirements
- Determine weld filler metal needs, order and release the correct filler metal to welding activities
- Determine welding equipment needs and assist in design and ordering of the equipment
- Review code specifications and write procedures for welder qualifications
- Drive quality and efficiency improvements in welder operations
- Preparation and review of welding/fabrication plans (i.e. bead placement sketches, setup sheets, welding instructions)
- Qualification, documentation and maintenance of welding procedures and welders/weld operators
- Troubleshooting of welding operations (i.e. weldability issues, welding equipment failures)
- Ensure welding processes meet customer specifications
- Ensure welding operations meet customer specifications and good work practices
- B.S. in Welding Engineering. A candidate with a degree from an ABET accredited program will receive preference.
- Degrees in Metallurgical or Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering discipline will be considered if the candidate has extensive prior job experience of a welding nature.
- Two years or more experience in a manufacturing/fabrication environment performing a welding engineer role.
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting collaboration and teamwork with a diverse group of engineering, operations and materials management.
- U.S. Citizenship with no dual citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain DOE Security Clearance. Selected applicants will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
The Welding Engineer will work a 9/80 work week while receiving market leading pay, paid time off, paid winter holiday shutdown, educational refund plan, medical, dental, vision and service-based retirement contributions with additional 401k match.
The base salary range for this position in Indiana (US-IN) at the start of employment is expected to be between $62,000 and $109,000 per year. However, the base salary offered is based on local job market factors, and may vary further depending on factors specific to the selected job candidate, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to these considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as an annual cash incentive in addition to a full range of medical, retirement, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided at such time the selected job candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, the selected job candidate will be employed 'at-will,’ unless employed at a location and in a position subject to a collective bargaining agreement. The company further reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment, compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and other market factors.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company health and safety requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status