Quality Control Technician- Contract up to December 26, 2024
Enhance your career at BWXT with in-house opportunities!
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Please update your internal successfactors profile prior to applying to internal positions.
Please note this process follows the BWXT employee guidelines
Referral bonus only valid for externally referred applicants
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Quality Control Technician will perform quality control analyses of raw materials to finished products.
- Perform quality control analysis of raw materials and final products.
- Perform routine monitoring of controlled systems and facilities.
- Perform specific administrative duties such as maintaining accurate records of observations, results and data evaluations.
- Follow ongoing production processes for conformance to operating procedures, product specification, GMP regulations and ISO standards.
- Normally, Technologist Diploma (3 yrs.) or B.Sc. in a science discipline plus 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in chemistry or microbiology.
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a dedicated team player.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts as per the collective agreement, which includes regular scheduled weekend shifts.
- This position is classified as a Nuclear Energy Worker.
- Work with manipulators: therefore the candidate must have good grip strength to move materials around behind a lead glass window on a frequent basis and full range of motion of fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Be able to push and pull hand carts with an initial and end force of up to 25kgs on and occasional basis.
- Be able to lift up to 5kgs on a frequent basis and 10kgs on an occasional basis.
- Have good vision either corrected or uncorrected.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work with arms extended (in fumehoods/gloveboxes while manipulating lab equipment) for up to 15 - 20 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to remain in a clean room for potentially up to 3 hours at a time.
- There are shift work and overtime requirements.
Why join BWXT Medical?
- Work within the growing and exciting nuclear medicine industry as well as with highly skilled employees.
- Competitive salaries.
- Company match pension plan.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Education Reimbursement Program.
- Life insurance.
- Collaborative work environment... and so much more!
The pay range for this position in Ontario (CA-ON) is expected to be between $63,675 and $79,780 per year. The total compensation package for this position may also include a full range of medical, retirement, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided at such time the selected job candidate receives an offer of employment and are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
Learn more about how BWXT employs nuclear technology to solve some of the world’s most important problems. BWXT’s capabilities video showcases our innovation in commercial nuclear power, addressing climate change, as well as our advanced nuclear medicine products treating patients around the world. We are People Strong. Innovation Driven.
BWXT Medical Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.