CNC Turning Operator $38.26/hour
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With more than 7,000 employees, BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental restoration and operations management at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. For more information, visit www.bwxt.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, X, Facebook and Instagram.
CNC Turning Operator - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Euclid, OH
Sets up, operates and inspects multiple conversational and CNC turning centers to perform machine functions such as but not limited to; turning, tapping, reaming, boring, and deburring of alloy and non-alloy work pieces by performing the following duties listed below.
What we offer:
- Payrate: $38.26/hour
- Shift Premiums: 2nd shift / 3rd shift = $1.00
- Unionized facility with 180-day probationary period
- Day 1 Medical & Dental benefits, Vision offered after 180-day of employment
- 401k Company Match
- Time Off:
- Five (5) unpaid sick days offered date of hire
- Three (3) paid sick days offered after 180-day of employment
- Two (2) weeks’ paid vacation offered after eight months of employment (prorated)
- Eleven (11) paid holidays after 90 days of employment
- Active employee life insurance with supplemental opportunities
- Safety glasses and boot reimbursements offered
- Setup and operate multiple machines and machining centers.
- Read, interpret, and follow complex blueprints, operating sheets and procedures, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining method and sequence.
- Mount, align, position, and secure tooling, attachments, and work piece on machine.
- Enter commands to input, output, or retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Calculate, set, and operate machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Input either through automatic download of manually, all SPC and measurement related information as defined by the engineering community to establish and maintain process controls.
- Operate machine and monitor displays and machine operation to detect machine or machining malfunctions or deviations.
- Monitor machines and machining operations to stop and change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Use a variety of precision inspection equipment to verify all applicable features using appropriate inspection methods.
- Maintain logs or records and discuss control media errors with Supervisor and Engineering/Programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Perform daily machine maintenance and housekeeping duties such as but not limited to maintain and adjust oil and coolant levels, monitor and adjust coolant concentration, clean machines, tooling parts, and surrounding work areas.
- Operate pendant crane and properly rig parts ranging from 5-1000lbs.
- Operate motorized and manual pallet jacks as well as box dolly when necessary.
- Assistance may be given to other operators on proper operational procedures. This includes assistance in training other operators to run machines and perform any other job related tasks.
- Wear all appropriate PPE and abide by all safety rules and regulations as designated by the local EH&S department.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Basic computer knowledge ability to use computer related equipment.
- Two (2) years of set-up and operation of CNC turning or Mill/Turn Centers.
- Demonstrate CNC control abilities, including editing speeds, feeds, tool offsets, and fixture offsets.
- Demonstrate above average CNC milling abilities on a practice piece.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints and interpret geometric tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5.
- Demonstrate use of various measuring instruments including but not limited to; dial bore gages, indicator snap gages, air gages, radius gages, Vernier's, and .0001 micrometers.
- Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and follow complicated procedures and document accordingly.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with both hourly and salary employees and communicate effectively.
The starting rate for this position in Ohio (US-OH) is $38.26 per hour. The total compensation package for this position may also include a full range of medical, retirement and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided at such time the selected job candidate receives an offer of employment and are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company health and safety requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.