Facilities Configuration & Maintenance Supervisor
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With more than 7,000 employees, BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental restoration and operations management at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. For more information, visit www.bwxt.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, X, Facebook and Instagram.
BWXT is currently seeking an Facilities Configuration & Maintenance Supervisor for its Lynchburg, VA location!
BWXT is People Strong, Innovation Driven - be part of BWXT’s innovation hub. BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) boasts a rich history steeped in innovation and performance. Our mission - to be a trusted provider of critical components and services to the United States government and commercial customers - drives everything we do. From the Naval Nuclear Propulsion program to research test reactors for our national labs to complex operations management, BWXT’s commitment proudly lives on through our talented workforce, state-of-the-art technologies, and innovative solutions. BWXT takes pride in its robust catalog of services and capabilities.
If you are looking for a career where your experience is valued, innovative thinking is fostered, and barrier-free teamwork is embraced every day, then this opportunity is for you. The position will be in Lynchburg, VA and is eligible for relocation benefits if applicable.
Job Description / Duties:
- Oversee and assist with the Configuration Control activities for facilities, equipment installation and other AT capability generation efforts for the development of manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Development, Process as well as Facilities Engineers to develop and document work packages and work control documentation instructions in support of manufacturing processes.
- Support installation, on-site testing, and maintenance of newly developed and established equipment.
- Assist engineers to resolve facility capability development issues and generate ideas for process improvements.
- Review and compile data, author and review work documents and procedures.
- Assist engineers with change request and Safety Evaluation efforts for new scope or projects.
- Supervise personnel in Facilities Configuration & Maintenance activities.
- Reporting and status required up to management.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- A minimum of a High School diploma / equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
- Must have minimum of four (4) years of related experience in the nuclear or manufacturing industries.
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Contamination control
- Glove box operations
- Laboratory operations
- Must possess strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Must have prior leadership role experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in identifying and addressing safety concerns.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
- 12 paid holidays which include a winter holiday shutdown.
- Tuition Assistance.
- This position will work a 9/80 schedule.
- Free access to our 24/7 Mt. Athos gym in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to you, your spouse, parents, and parents-in-law, even if they are not covered under your BWXT plan!
- BWXT employees have access to exclusive perks and discounts on everything from cars and electronics to banking services and a host of popular brands / products through Perks@Work.
- Medical, dental, vision, short term disability, service-based retirement contributions with additional 401k match and more!
The base salary range for this position in Virginia (US-VA) at the start of employment is expected to be between $62,000 and $109,000 per year. However, the base salary offered is based on local job market factors, and may vary further depending on factors specific to the selected job candidate, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to these considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as an annual cash incentive in addition to a full range of medical, retirement, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided at such time the selected job candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, the selected job candidate will be employed 'at-will,’ unless employed at a location and in a position subject to a collective bargaining agreement. The company further reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment, compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and other market factors.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company health and safety requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status