Document Control and Records Management Specialist
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With more than 7,000 employees, BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental restoration and operations management at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. For more information, visit www.bwxt.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, X, Facebook and Instagram.
BWXT is currently seeking a Document Control and Records Management Specialist for its Advanced Technologies location in Lynchburg, VA!
BWXT is People Strong, Innovation Driven - be part of BWXT’s innovation hub. BWXT’s Advanced Technologies (AT) group researches, designs, and develops innovative new nuclear reactors, medical radioisotope production systems, and develops data science and advanced manufacturing techniques for leading-edge applications.
If you are looking for a career where your experience is valued, innovative thinking is fostered, and barrier-free teamwork is embraced every day, then this opportunity is for you. The position will be in the Lynchburg, VA, Advanced Technologies office.
Job Description / Duties:
- Utilize document control tools to store, track, and manage documents and records.
- Understand basic concepts and assist in documenting configuration management processes and procedures, revision status, and change control.
- Good knowledge and insight into document and configuration management.
- Verify that submitted documents conform to procedures and guidelines.
- Assist users with search, retrieval and submittals of documents, drawings, and procedures.
- Distribute and transmit documents and records to internal and external customers.
- Audit document control and records management system for discrepancies.
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure accuracy of document and records management system.
- Continually look to improve document control and records management processes and procedures.
- Assist in testing changes to the document control and records management system.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- A High School diploma or GED is required. An associate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience in document control/configuration management or document control, records management, or data entry is required.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and systematic approach to work.
- Ability to manage competing priorities is required.
- Strong administrative and data entry skills are required.
- Must have computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must possess the desire to learn and take initiative, requiring diminishing oversight.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively with program management, other internal stakeholders.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance, whichever is required.
Additional Desired Skillsets:
- Prior nuclear industry experience is preferred.
- 12 paid holidays which include a winter holiday shutdown.
- Tuition Assistance.
- This position will work a 9/80 schedule.
- Free access to our 24/7 Mt. Athos gym in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to you, your spouse, parents, and parents-in-law, even if they are not covered under your BWXT plan!
- BWXT employees have access to exclusive perks and discounts on everything from cars and electronics to banking services and a host of popular brands / products through Perks@Work.
- Medical, dental, vision, short term disability, service-based retirement contributions with additional 401k match and more!
The base salary range for this position in Virginia (US-VA) at the start of employment is expected to be between $47,000 and $71,000 per year. However, the base salary offered is based on local job market factors, and may vary further depending on factors specific to the selected job candidate, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to these considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as an annual cash incentive in addition to a full range of medical, retirement, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided at such time the selected job candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, the selected job candidate will be employed 'at-will,’ unless employed at a location and in a position subject to a collective bargaining agreement. The company further reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment, compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and other market factors.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company health and safety requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status