At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,650 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Project Manager - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, Ohio
- Acts as the principal company contact for liaison with the customer on all matters.
- Facilitate efforts of the small and large reactor equipment projects with assistance from the functional organizations.
- Assures the efforts of all functional departments support optimal profitability and timely delivery of products and services in accordance contract requirements.
- Assist contracts department in proposal efforts to ensure final proposals meet customer needs with regards to proposal schedules, delivery dates, design and contract requirements.
- Defines Work Breakdown Structures for awarded workscopes. Analyze performance of awarded contracts and author Project Health Reports (percent complete, cost incurred compared to cost projected, status of project milestones, etc.) that comply with customer reporting requirements.
- Approve contract material and tooling requisitions. Assesses program planning schedules and loadboards for performance against contract delivery dates. Monitor contract support actions required from the customer. Ensures all necessary steps are taken to initiate and/or expedite such actions when necessary. Keep division and customer management informed of critical items affecting a contract and request management action from either party when appropriate. Author periodic reporting (internal & external) of major events and development impacting project performance.
- Support quarterly assessments of Estimates to Complete (EACs) of awarded contracts in coordination with Accounting and conjunction with the various supporting business groups.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical discipline (i.e. Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- Posses 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, basic negotiating skills, strong oral and written communication, time management, and cross functional experience with shop and plant support departments,
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 safety protocols, including, but not limited to, any applicable COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing requirements. In accordance with current and anticipated federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination requirements, BWXT implemented a policy that all U.S. employees, including new hires, would be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements and will be required to show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Requests for a reasonable accommodation will be reviewed and assessed pursuant to applicable law and Company policy. Please speak with your BWXT Talent Acquisition Representative to determine the requirements applicable to the job you are seeking and whether you can satisfy this condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.