Web Developer II (AEM Architect)
We are seeking a high-energy professional to provide hands-on technical expertise for the development and implementation of AEM-based Enterprise Content Management platforms, including architecture, design, definition, and development of content type models, components, workflows, templates, and user permissions. Does this sound like you? JOIN US!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Implement CMS (AEM) architecture, visualization and development processes.
- Size and estimate development efforts.
- Create and revise AEM architecture and design guidelines to help platform requirements.
- Key contributor for AEM Governance process – to review UX design, coordinate AEM componentization process, ensure design standards, guidelines and best practices are followed at program level.
- Review performance and usage metrics periodically to revise architecture and design.
- Resolve issues and maintain application stability in production.
- Design and integrate responsive multi-tenant, multilingual solutions on AEM 6.5+ and Java 11 and integrations with other internal marketing products and endpoints, such as Salesforce, OneTrust, Pardot, Adobe Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Work with Managed Services team to manage the infrastructure, including all servers, traffic managers, dispatchers, and web development workflow software.
- Work closely with Managed Service Teams or vendors to ensure sound practices regarding site architecture, performance and reliability, and content delivery are in place.
- Well-versed in AEM architecture and able to effectively share this knowledge, thereby strengthening the overall team’s understanding and implementation of AEM practices.
- Assess existing source code and adapt to meet current requirements. Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure optimal code quality and appropriate design patterns are used.
- Follow best practices for secure web programming and deployment. Adhere to internal best rules concerning coding standards, unit test coverage, automation, and continuous integration.
- Develop powerful features such as multi-site and multi-channel delivery, personalization/targeting, content aggregation & syndication, multi-lingual support, automated workflow management etc.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Participate in troubleshooting problems related to webpage performance & mobile web optimization.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years minimum of Adobe AEM 6.4+ Developer experience with strong Java/J2EE
- 3 years minimum experience in AEM architecture, dispatcher configuration and AEM integration, or a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience with OSGi back-end technology stack of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.4 and/or 6.5 to develop and manage AEM bundles and their configurations.
- Experience in Adobe AEM foundational concepts such as OSGI, Apache Sling, Apache Jackrabbit Oak, Blueprints, Apache Felix, templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc., and the Adobe AEM development and deployment process.
- Experience developing and testing RESTful APIs within AEM.
- The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in designing and implementing custom AEM Workflows. Their proficiency in automation will be crucial in identifying and automating repetitive tasks, thereby increasing efficiency and productivity within the team. This role requires a proactive approach to process improvement, with a focus on fostering an environment of continuous learning and growth.
- Deep understanding of Java, Java EE, Servlets, HTL/Sightly skills, combined with a strong understanding of enterprise Java frameworks such as Apache Sling
- Experience with React or SPA Architecture within AEM.
- Previous experience implementing unit tests and integration tests with JUnit 5
- Experience working with software such as Maven, GitLab, and GitLab CI/CD
- Adobe Certified Architect Master certification is an asset.
- A high-performance and high-integrity individual, who works well under pressure to be both proactive and reactive.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, who can manage multiple priorities and execute with both quality and speed.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40