Test and Automation - BSP and Drivers - Student - 4 Month Winter Term
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
The QNX Test Team is looking for a talented Co-op student who will be part of a test team responsible for validating the functionality and performance of device drivers for next-gen hardware peripherals on some of the most advanced hardware platforms available. The student will gain exposure to embedded systems software testing, automated software testing, performance analysis, hardware interfacing, low-level drivers and debugging on different hardware architectures. The student will also have opportunities to develop test automation software.
Length of Term: 4 Months
- Developing and optimizing automated test cases with continuous improvements in coverage and efficiency
- Analyzing test results, debugging observed issues, generation of defect reports, verifying fixed issues, updating pre-existing defect reports
- Creating test reports based on test results for internal and external audiences with high attention to detail.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in computer science, engineering or equivalent at Intermediate level with the Co-op option
- Courses in communications systems, OS, structured software development and embedded systems.
- Work experience in software development, software testing of embedded systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, C programming and shell scripting
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting and constant integration systems (SVN, JIRA, Jenkins)
- A passion for quality and a desire to learn about new technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills are necessary.
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40