Software Development Student - 4 Month Winter Term
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
The BlackBerry IoT Business Unit combines BlackBerry’s core IoT assets across the company, including the BTS (QNX, Jarvis, Certicom, Radar) and BlackBerry IVY, which is an edge-first secure and intelligent in-vehicle data platform that provides automakers with cloud-controlled access to vehicle data in order to produce and share insights consistently with a global digital ecosystem of developers to deliver actionable value on vehicle data at scale. The BlackBerry IVY Engineering organization is focused on developing and delivering on this vision of BlackBerry IVY through delivery of software and services that will be used by vehicle OEMs and also the broader development community worldwide.
The successful candidate will work towards the common goal of delivering innovative new technologies to ensure BlackBerry IVY delivers on its vision.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
- Work with automotive OEMs to develop proof of concepts and production programs using BlackBerry IVY
- Enable ecosystem partners and developers to successfully build new solutions on BlackBerry IVY
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of experts, including development, architecture, product, and go to market organizations, to build BlackBerry IVY
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering program, or related discipline
- Strong design, programming, and research skills
- Strong C++, Python skills and experience
- Strong communicator
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Curious attitude and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in team as well as independently
- Comfortable with Linux environment and scripting
- Familiar with QNX and AWS
- Passion for work with bleeding edge technologies in automotive, IoT, machine learning
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40